Thursday, September 24, 2009

sweet sparkly pink

I liked my new soft pink polish (OPI's I'll Take The Cake) so much that I decided to do another nail set in this color theme. :) pink pink pink! Think Pink! (Has anyone seen Funny Face? There's a cute song about the color Pink in there). This one was really simple.

But you have no idea how much time it took me to figure out what I wanted to do. I knew I wanted to use a new nail polish but I after I'd put OPI's My Private Jet on 1 hand and tried a french tip in China Glaze's Cords... I decided my nails were too long for such a dark color. So I took that off. Then I repainted them in China Glaze's It's My Turn. And again, I wasn't feeling the color at all. So I took that off. I kept eyeing my pinks so I decided.. PINK IT IS!



duration: 30 mins (not including the 2 other sets I painted before this one while watching Psych)

notes:
▪ simple is best :D
▪ this was the result at the 3rd attempt at painting my nails last night. lol
▪ this is one of those times I was glad to have a variety of rhinestone colors. But I wish I had more variety in sizes. (my standard is 5ss)

colors/steps:
▪ 1 coat Orly Bonder
▪ 2 coats OPI I'll Take The Cake
▪ 1 coat of pearly white polish (~70% opaque) from Daiso (brand: Winmax) in a line going diagonally across my nail (starting almost halfway down and going upwards towards the other side at ~ a 30 degree angle)
▪ 1 coat of Nailite Inc's Peach Schnapps (mixed with white and other pinks to make it more pinkish and less peachy(starting ~2mm higher than the pearly white layer and going upwards at ~ a 50 degree angle towards the other side)
▪ use Kiss Silver glitter striper to make lines where the 2 colors meet.
▪ 1 dab of Orly Bonder where I want to put the gems (in this case at the base of the white section.
▪ selected 3 gems in the same color range, 1 larger one and 2 smaller ones to place on the dab of Bonder. I used (in various groupings): 7ss Black Diamond, 5ss Crystal Moonlight, 7ss Crystal AB, 5ss Crystal AB, 5ss
Jet
.
▪ 2 coats Seche Vite

No comments:

Post a Comment