Friday, October 9, 2009

pink quarters

okay so I'm backlogged even in my most recent nails.. But I'm sure no one will notice... (¬.¬)

Another pink one! yes.. can't get enough of that pink I have (OPI's I'll Take The Cake). I was feeling softy and pinky again so this is what I came up with.

duration: 25 mins (was probably watching Psych again)

notes:
▪ I don't think I kept these on that long but they would have lasted a while.
▪ I used a larger gem this time because there was only 1 and it was almost in the middle of my nail.
▪ I designed these with quadrants in mind so here's a link to an image with numbered quadrants for reference.

colors/steps:
▪ 1 coat Orly Bonder
▪ 2 coats OPI I'll Take The Cake
▪ 1 coat of a pearly white (a Winmax I picked up from Daiso)in 1 imaginary quadtrant of my nail. You have to kind of imagine where the lines will go to do this but I think if you don't stray too far out of the imaginary lines, you'll be fine. The glitter striper is forgiving :)
▪ drew 1 line of Kiss silver glitter striper vertically and 1 line horizontally across my nail following where I imagined I wanted to put my quadrants. You'll notice I have the crosspoint off center. so the vertical line is about 1/3 of the way into my nail instead of right in the middle. Just for variety :P And the horizontal line is placed slightly closer to my cuticle rather than right in the middle again.
▪ for kicks, I drew pink vertical pinstripes with Art Club's pastel pink striper in the quadrant (quadrant 4) opposite the pearly white quadrant (quadrant 2)
▪ in between the pink vertical stripes, I used Art Club's iridescent glitter striper to give it some sparkle.
▪ the final touch: 1 7ss Jonquil Swarovski Chrystal at the intersection of the silver glitter stripes adhered with Orly Bonder.
▪ 1 coat Seche Vite

No comments:

Post a Comment