Wednesday, September 16, 2009

striped & strawberry-d

I really wanted to use my strawberry nail seals so I finally thought of a way (in my head) that would be pretty cute and creative-ish. I just wasn't sure how it'd turn out... and believe me, I've had those days when I was coming up with designs in my head that I just couldn't get done on my nails. they'd always turn up not quite like I imagined.. but I really like this set. (click on photos to enlarge)




duration: 45 mins (2 episodes of Nadesico)

notes:
▪ Love this one. I was thinking I'd do the stripes in white but I thought it might be too much contrast.. grey pin stripes would be nice too, I think :D
▪ Parts of the nail seal curled up a bit after applying a clear coat but I touched that up by applying a teeny bit of Orly Bonder where it was lifting and pressing it down with tweezers while it was tacky. I also used nail clippers to trim the clear bits of nail seal that were flipping up (especially between the strawberries).

colors/steps:
▪ 1 coat Orly Bonder
▪ 3 thin coats OPI I'll Take The Cake
▪ Applied Color Club Pastel Pink striper starting from the middle of the nail and spacing the stripes about 2mm apart until there wasn't room left on my nail.
▪ Apply Pa Nail Collective Nail Seals (strawberries & bees - peta22)
▪ 1 stripe of Art Club crystal glitter striper randomly on each nail between 2 pink stripes.
▪ Set 5ss Light Rose Swarovski Rhinestone on my nail using Orly Bonder as an adhesive.
▪ Fixed lifting corners with Orly Bonder and nail clippers to trim excessive parts.
▪ 2 final coats of Seche Vite

No comments:

Post a Comment