Sunday, September 13, 2009

first nail posting

Inspired by a set seen in Vol. 30 Anniversary ed. of Nail Up Magazine that I picked up from my local Kinokuniya. I'm a big fan of this magazine. They're great at explaining how to do things. Generally, I find that the styles are excessively decorated (as if there's such a thing!) and when I do my version, I tend to tone down the design while attempting to maintain the cuteness of a nail set.

Anyway, the article I found this set in was about "couples nails" - like the girl would have her own girly set, then the guy would have 1 nail done to match. It's actually a cute idea, I think.. but good luck finding a man that's willing to wear sparklies on his nails! (>_<)

Here it is, my first official nail blog nail image post & description to follow:

♥ duration:
30 mins (including drying in between coats)

♥ notes about the look: sweet and elegant. the original design calls for a bright pink 7ss rhinestone in the center of the rhinestone set. I placed a pearl there instead. (because I didn't have a bright pink gem that size)

♥ colors/steps:
▪ Orly Bonder base coat
▪ mixed NailiteInc's Peach Shnapps, OPI's Royal Flush Blush (pearl pink), & OPI's Bride's Bouquet (creme white) all in the Peach Schnapps bottle since it was about 60% full. Applied 2 coats.
▪ Kiss silver striper
10ss Swarovski hot fix pearls and 5ss/6ss crystal rhinestones from VN that my friends brought home for me.
▪ 2 coats of Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Flawless (it was on sale at Walgreens) to make the glitter striper feel smooth.
▪ 1 final coat of Seche Vite

Hope this is good enough for a first real post (*^▽^*) time to sleep~ nitenite!

edit:
@1:21am omigosh.. haha. I need to leave this thing alone! BUT~ I did get the photo slide show going and added a blog roll :D go mi ^_^~♥

No comments:

Post a Comment